Sunday, July 1, 2012

Taylorsville Dayzz

This past weekend we took full advantage of enjoying Taylorsville Dayzz. My dad and I went and heard the Utah Symphony Thursday night. On Friday Nicole and Andrew came down from Idaho, and we all went to  the Surf City All Stars. They played some awesome Beach Boy music. We got to see some precious baby animals.
 
Before the show we walked around the fair and found jewelry on sale for $0.50 each! We bought a lot of necklaces.
We saw the Bruin from SLCC.

We went up to the front and danced!
 
 
 
While we girls were up front dancing they announced that they were going to have a guitar solo contest to win a guitar. I was really hoping Rusty could be in the contest, but he was in the back sitting in our chairs still. Cara, Kristen, and Nicole said I should try. So before I could think too hard about what I was doing I started to jump up and down like a crazy person so they would choose me. Tragically they chose people, but then suddenly they had an extra boy and needed one more girl. I was right in front of the stage and and really started to jump up and down wildly and waved my hands around in the air. All of a sudden the band member looked right at me and pointed at me. I ran on to the stage with the four other contestants. We each had to do our best air guitar solo and see who got the loudest cheers. I was the fourth person to go. I knew I had do something to make me stand out. I was thinking about whipping my hair around. Cara and Kristen were in the front and had the same idea. They motioned for me to do that. I decided I had to go big or go home, so when it was my time to go I went crazy. I probably looked like a big spaz, but I went all out. There was some tough competition, but when they went through the five contestants to cheer for your favorites the crowd went wild when it was my turn. I think it helped that Rusty, Cara, Kristen, Nicole, and Andrew were right in the very front and jumped up and down and screamed so loud. My dad said that from their seats it sounded like I had the most cheers, but he is my dad, so he might just be saying that. After I won and they handed me the guitar a lot of kids that I passed on my way back to my seat told me that it was so cool. When we got back to our seats the people around us cheered for me. The whole thing was quite funny. Later when we were walking back to the car this guy who was waiting in traffic had his window unrolled, and yelled "You rock girl!" That was one of the biggest highlights of the whole thing. I don't think Rusty has ever as proud of me as he was that night. 

Here is the link to the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGigITKDmzM

Here are some pictures that my parents took from their seats. They're kind of far away.
 
 
 My new guitar signed by the Surf City All Stars!
 The next night we came back with Charlie's family to see Jay White, a Neil Diamond impersonator.







We rocked out to Jay's singing.


No comments:

Post a Comment