Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Hiking

I've been able to go on a hew hikes with my family this summer, thanks to my mom being very kind and watching Claire while I'm gone. Both hikes we've been on lately were up Big Cottonwood Canyon. The first hike was on June 27th. We went on the long and steep hike up to Lake Blanche. This hike was 6 miles round trip, and I was very sore for several days after the hike. Here are some pictures from that hike:
Cara and my dad on the bridge.
Cara, Kristen, and me by the pretty wild flowers.
My dad with the little waterfall you can see in the distance.
It rained a little on the way up, but when we got the lake it stopped so we were able to relax and enjoy our snacks by the lake.
Cara tried to get out of the picture, but I accidentally still got her in it hiding behind the tree. I think it's funny.
The fog moved away while we were at the lake so we could see Sundial Peak.
On the way down from Lake Blanche it started to rain really hard on us. I was glad we were going down to the car and not up the mountain then. On the 4th of July we went on another hike. This time we went to Lake Mary and Twin Lakes. This hike was much shorter, but we were going to a family party that day so we didn't have as much time to hike.
Micky Mouse is on the mountain in the distance. It's just hard to see.
Rusty got to join us for the Independence Day hike.
Rusty and me at Lake Mary.
Dad and Kristen at Lake Mary.
Dad, me, Rusty, and Cara at Twin Lakes.
Twin Lakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment