Monday, January 27, 2014

Rusty's 29th Birthday

Rusty's birthday was extra special this year because it fell on Martin Luther King Day. He was pretty excited that he got the day off from work. We celebrated with my family on Saturday by going mini golfing at Trafalga in Lehi. It was cosmic mini golf. If only the picture showed off the bright lights. Then we had lunch at JCW's.
 Rusty opened some presents from my parents after we ate.
On Sunday we celebrated both Rusty and Jenn's birthdays since hers is two days after Rusty's. We had a pizza party, and it was lots of fun!
Rusty's opened a couple presents from me on his birthday morning. Claire helped a little.
We had a delicious dinner at Mi Ranchito in Orem.
Claire has recently discovered that she really enjoys drinking from straws.
On a side note, Claire went to the doctor on the 23rd for her 15 month visit. Here are her latest stats:
Weight: 18 lbs. 15 oz. (17.5 percentile)
Height: 30.25 inches (39 percentile)
Head: 17.75 inch (33.6 percentile)

Another side note is that I chopped off all my hair the following day for Locks of Love. I decided back in the spring that I wanted to donate my hair since it grow pretty fast and it's kind of thick. I thought someone would enjoy having a wig from my hair. I got anxious and decided to just get it over with. My hair ended up being shorter than I thought, and I am slowly adjusting to it. It will be a fun change, but I don't think my hair has ever been this short, so it feels kind of weird, especially in the shower when I hardly need any shampoo. Here is my before picture the night before my hair cut.
Here I am after my hair cut with my pony tail that I sent in to Locks of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment